Sunday, April 24, 2011

Parks and Recreation Season 3 Ep 10 : Soulmates





LOL forever at Kyle being Jerry's Jerry.

Leslie pulling the fire alarm, Tom cataloging his ridiculous slang (what was his word for cars -- that one finally broke me), Andy being amazed at the wonder of peaches while April was drawn to two stuffed crows, and them still being perfect for each other, Tom putting the moves on Leslie to give her hell, and cow always beating turkey made this episode awesomesauce.

But what made me happiest was Leslie's taking the initiative and asking Ben to dinner, and then going about her business once he turned her down. Similar to the way they handled Andy and April's wedding. I don't know if I'm getting the point out, but I appreciated that the situation was very straightforward, and real, and ended up as the springboard for a bunch of great stuff -- her talk with Ann, the dating profile, the "date" with Tom -- instead of them trying to wring something more trite/sitcommy out of Ben's turning her down, like having Leslie wig out and be awkward around him, or something. I don't know. I just think this show does relationships really well, is what I'm saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails