Monday, February 7, 2011

Glee Season 2 Ep 11 : The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle: AKA Thriller





This was a total trainwreck, but it was sort of good at the same time.

It pretty much highlighted what the problem has been with Season 2 - a bunch of random ideas thrown together with no basis or reason for any of them occuring. But I excuse them for that this time since they obviously couldn't do a 'normal' episode to hold on to the NFL audience. For what it was, it was better than what I was expecting from a season that has had some truly bottom-of-the-barrel stuff come out of it.

Katie Couric's list of losers was the best part. Thriller was a pretty cool number. All in all, this was OK for what it was, I think. I didn't have high expectations for it, and it generally entertained. I REALLY disliked Sue in this episode though, and I love that character. They just took it too far. She's supposed to be a cynically realistic nemesis of the Glee club, not a psychopath.

Finn and Quinn would be such a mistake too. There's no reason at all for them to be together after the events of Season 1. Can we stop pretending that S1 didn't happen because Ryan Murphy is obsessed with pairing off characters?

I like that Mercedes, Rachel and Kurt seem to have a little circle of friends forming.

All in all this was a really weird hour that I don't know if i liked or not. It did pretty much nothing for the show, but it had some good moments, so I guess I can say it was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails