Thursday, November 25, 2010

Modern Family Season 2 Ep 9 : Mother Tucker


Oh man. I LOVED this.

All the scenes of Cam's mother touching Mitchell inappropriately were great. I was howling. Love Mitchell saying during his talking head, "If I had one complaint, and I do..." Also, "Force field!"

Gloria fixing her dislocated shoulder was priceless. Love Jay's face after she did it. Of course this was no big deal to Manny. Love him as the doctor on the golf course.

I figured it was appendicitus since Jay was holding his right side. Diverticulitis, which I have, normally occurs on the left side.

The Dunphy story was great, too.

Phil: Sad face emoticon. I feel his hurt thru the phone.

Dylan: I guess I'll get going so I can be alone forever.

Haley: Don't play dumb, Dylan.
Dylan: I'm NOT. I'm never playing dumb.

The scene where Haley calls back whoever called Dylan was great. Love that Phil covered the phone and whispered to Claire when everyone's standing right there.

One thing I really like about this show is that some jokes are predictable in a way, but the show does them slightly differently. For instance, I figured that Mitchell was going to fail in trying to get Cam to see his mom touching him, and that Mitchell would do stuff like push his butt in her face, but the show got thru that joke quickly. And Haley's assumption that Dylan was seeing another girl didn't go too long either. On some sitcoms that would be the whole half-hour, but it was just a setup for other jokes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails