Thursday, November 8, 2012

American Horror Story: Asylum -2×4- I Am Anne Frank (1)






Oooh I loved this episode.

First, Lana and ZQ: I said last week that I got the feeling he was digging her, and now that's pretty much settled. Still not sure what the connection might be with him and the murders, but he has to be connected, considering he all but admitted to Lana that he felt someone else was responsible for the crimes and then did such a mindfuck on Kit this week. Either way, it keeps going back and forth between being very creepy (that horrible aversion/conversion scene) and genuinely as though he sees himself as her savior. I was really glad the 'conversion' didn't involve him getting all rapey with her, which in some twisted way for me makes his interest in her more genuine or fleshed out.
**And then we have the hint that the cops are starting to realize it would take a skilled doctor to filet a body that well, and it's a given that Dr. Arden is way too busy with a billion other horrific crimes to be Bloody Face.

I actually LOVED the Anne Frank take. There's a lot of controversy at this point regarding the authenticity of the diary. I liked the idea that she survived but saw herself as a figure, and I feel like I'm probably going to very, very slowly realize it's connected/a tribute to a whole bunch of plots and ideas. Poor Franke. She never fares well in an institution and I don't see her making it very long, given the previews for next week imply the doctor is walking off his bullet wound. Also like the smooth redemption it offered Sister Jude...

Which leads me to my favorite scene, and that was her with Kit. First of all, they're the two best actors/fleshed out characters on the show (I think Evan Peters could have sexual tension with a chair) so watching them interact was a delight that we've been deprived of otherwise this season. And seeing how empathetic she actually was towards him, and how she was second guessing herself and realizing she might actually be more of a monster than he is, that was awesome.

I don't believe Grace at all. I think she tells whatever story she needs at the moment. And I think that like Sister Jude, she needs to be absolved, so she's latching on to Kit as the one innocent in the institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails