Sunday, October 7, 2012

Once Upon a Time 2-2: "We Are Both"






Another great episode! Red and David/Charming were both awesome in this episode. I was also highly amused by Whale's inquiry over whether the nuns were still nuns or if they were available to date. I kind of love that sleazeball. And I'm glad we got confirmation regarding August/Pinocchio's current status. It really bugged me that that wasn't addressed in the premiere. I hope Geppetto finds him soon (if for no other reason than I'm dying to know how August got out of bed in his current state). It broke my heart that Geppetto was prepared to flee Storybrooke with the others before finding out who his son was.

Interesting turn of events about Storybrooke city limits (though poor Sneezy! Dick move there Grumpy!). Gold clearly wasn't expecting that, which raises a ton of questions. Such as, how did he not expect this challenge given that the curse was of his own design? And does this mean that "Mr. Gold" is a "real" curse-given identity and not just a front he maintained all this time to fool Regina into believing he was under her control?

Also, how creepy was Rumpelstiltskin in his first scenes with young Regina? I think that's the creepiest he's been all series. His lines about having held Regina as a baby all but confirm that Cora was indeed the Miller's daughter from the original Rumpelstiltskin tale, rather than just a daughter of a miller.

And I was NOT expecting Cora to appear at the end of the episode, especially not after she had pushed into the mirror (and presumably into Wonderland) in earlier flashbacks. That's very interesting.

Finally, it'll be interesting to see if Regina will take her cause of redemption seriously. I really liked her scenes with Henry this week, but I don't know how I feel about Regina turning good. She's a character I both love and love to hate, and I find sweet youthful Regina totally boring compared to her Evil Queen persona. I'd miss her Evil if it went away!

1 comment:

  1. I would love for Regina to become good and stay that way, but she put her mother’s spell book in the cabinet instead of burning it, so that was likely a foreshadowing of her going evil again. I think Mr. Gold thought he was in control, but now he knows he’s not. I think he’s in trouble. Honestly, I wouldn’t have even thought about watching if I hadn’t seen it on my PrimeTime Anytime recordings yesterday. It’s a pity I didn’t see the premiere but the shows delete themselves after 8 days. Now I can’t wait to find out how they’re going to get back, and who is going to win, Rumplestiltskin or The Queen.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails