Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gossip Girl -5×18- Con-Heir





This episode what can I say, I liked all of it.

Even Daddy Vandercreepson taking his time to take in the sight of Blair in garters. Such a nice acting touch from Billy Baldwin, even though as it turned out, William is mending fences with his children (including Lola it would seem), he’s still a sleeze.

Being back in the loft is doing wonders for Rufus (if not for his son’s sex life lol), he’s using his brain again. Lilly was quite ready to trust William, but Rufus was (sort of rightly as it turned out) hesitant to buy into the Vandercreepson cool aid. That said for some reason we also had the return of the crepy laugh from Rufus this week (when lighting the stove), what is that seriously ? settle we know you can do better!

Nate is getting a SL and to me it looks vaguely interesting, hoozah! I think his arc looks like it going to be about balancing business needing to turn to his ex cougar Diana and his love life with Lola. Loved the new strict Nate firing Serena. Yes it was a classically well intended Serena cock-up, but nevertheless it did have disastrous results for the Spectator and DID go against her editors express wishes.

Chuck and uncle Jack were adorable. I knew Jack was lying, but I think his coming from a good place for once. I think his ‘we’re all the family we need’ might have been a gentle way of letting Chuck know he wouldn’t necessarily like what he’d find, which considering the Bass family sounds like sound advice to me. Interesting that didn’t show who he was calling this time, last time they clearly showed Diana. So is he calling someone else this time? Ed Westwick seemed to be relishing the chance to show his one liner skills again. Good for him. Also of course Jack Bass would get hepatitis from Pamela Anderson.

Side note: if Bart Bass were to turn up alive (unlikely I agree I still call flash back on that one) would that make Lilly a polyandrist?

Serena/Lola/Lilly/Ivy
It’s weird but I still feel kinda sorry for Ivy. Yes she’s been shady, but I do feel she cared for Cece and Lilly is being overboard and conveniently dismissing that Cece knew exactly who Ivy was.

And then there was Dan and Blair. I love the lighter, comedic angle on these two. The highlight of the episode was the contrasting conversations with Nate and Dorota. I loved how LM kept pouring herself vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails