Thursday, March 1, 2012

Modern Family -3×17- Leap Day





I've never been a big fan of "cycle" plots on sitcoms, and the girls definitely got the short end of the script, but I thought that Ty Burrell really sold the subplot and saved it. Every time I started to get annoyed by the cliche, there was a funny line reading that kept it going, for me anyway.

The rest of the episode had me laughing out loud, a lot. Too many to remember, but particular favorites include the jokes about the pointlessness of watching soccer, the Wizard of Oz motif including the flying monkeys (Monkees), Jay in his pink robe eating porridge with a cracker cut, Mitchell's line to the camera that Cam was upset about turning 40, and once he realized that...everything got much worse. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails