Monday, February 27, 2012

The Walking Dead -2×10- 18 Miles Out






I squeed like a little girl when Rick lined up those two walkers' heads and shot through them both, and then I wondered what the hell was wrong with me! I loved that whole sequence. Hasn't been that sense of menace and danger in the show in a while. I actually didn't delete this episode so I can watch it again and enjoy the hell out of Rick being smart and badass at the same time. Sadly for Shane, he can only manage the latter and was outdone by Rick this time. I knew Rick would come back for him but Jon Bernthal's disbelieving glance as Rick and Randall were leaving did give me a moment's doubt. He sold me on his desperation. Shane would have left Rick and I believe Rick knew that, and he still came back. I liked the replay of the crossroads conversation too. Shane's back, but on Rick's terms. I wonder how long that will last?

Lori and Andrea went toe-to-toe, and I found myself agreeing with both. I get Lori's desire to create normality and a safe haven, but that doesn't have to be exclusively feminine work. I wish Andrea had made the point that Dale, Glen and any other man can and should slice a tomato when required. Laundry isn't that complicated either. And the women should be taking turns on watch. I did like Lori and Maggie together which was strange because I really don't care for either character. I'm glad Lori told Maggie what the rest of us here already said. Glen had no business blaming her for his fear.

I really enjoyed this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails