Saturday, November 19, 2011

Young Justice -1×18- Secrets





They really should have aired this closer to Halloween. It definitely hit the right spooky notes!

Having gone in without prior knowledge of Harm & Secret in the comics, I must say the ep came off fairly well, though Harm's manner of speaking annoyed me (I loved it when Artemis began mocking him) and Secret's limited speech did start to grate a bit, but I guess the writers didn't want the answers to be played out too quickly.

The Halloween party was OK (I think I saw a student dressed like Shaggy from Scooby Doo! Cute!) but I nearly died when I saw Miss M. turn into Marvin the Martian!! I was NOT expecting that. If anything I thought she'd morph into some other alien creature. I thought it was hillarious!! I also applaud Marvin White for his invasion prank; HG Wells freaked out a lot of people and played on people's nature to panic (even if it was inadvertent) during his "War of the Worlds" broadcast, and Marvin was taking advantage of modern media and a teen's urge to gossip and spread rumor of a possible invasion. Considering the world they live in, an alien invasion is definitelty possible!

I do wonder if the counter prank will come back to haunt the kids since Connor inexplicably survived being pummeled into a wall.

Captain Marvel was funny! Poor guy thought he was going to the HS party, only for the kids to think he was going to a grown ups party and he being disappointed enough to keep all his candy! I haven't seen the credits, but I'm told Chad Lowe did the voice for him. If true, he sounds identical to his brother.

It was nice to see Zatanna again and I'm certain she'll eventually join the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails