Thursday, November 24, 2011

Revenge -1×9- Suspicion





I already loved Amily as a spanner in the works, but thought that her conversation with Jack on the boat added some really great nuances: in some strange way, she sees settling down into the Hamptons and the remains of Emanda's original life as something like a homecoming. If she was happy enough to have some vestige of a connection to Emanda--by dealing with the reporters eager for an interview--this must be like heaven. I think the only question now is whether she's going to pull a Talented Mr. Hamptons (thanks for that, Nolan!) by turning on Emanda in the process of trying to steal he life.

Also, I feel that someone should tell Ashley that, "It's okay, honey, I was only whoring myself out for a business deal!" is not a great defense. When Tyler advised her to "go the extra mile" with Victoria, I have to admit that I kept seeing Ashley in her last scene lunging at Victoria to plant an enthusiastic kiss on her. Twist! While not nearly as cracked-out, her conversation was a great, subtle way to gain some power over QV--though I'm a little confused. Victoria said she hired Ashley in part because Ashley was close with Emanda, but didn't Ashley already work for QV at the beginning of the season, when Emanda first arrived? Am I forgetting something?

Nolan continues to be my Revenge MVP, and I'm eager to see whether he actually does fall for Tyler, per Emanda's wonderfully phrased accusation in the preview. My theory is that he hasn't, exactly, but that Emanda thinks the only reason he hasn't kicked Tyler completely out of the Hamptons is because he likes the sexual pay-offs (and may be subconsciously attaching some emotion to them). I don't think he's going to be making Tyler a Valentine anytime soon, but he is very lonely, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he were somehow dependent on Tyler, even though he knows he can't trust him. He does, after all, keep attaching himself to people who don't really seem to care that much--he puts an awful lot on the line for "Ems" and his exit line to Tyler re: Jack in this episode (that Jack was a friend, and one who had never asked him for anything) indicated a surprising amount of sentiment, which made it sort of sad then, IMHO, when we see him in the Stowaway and he's mostly just happy to be drinking in Jack's bar. Was it just me, or did it even look like they were really talking before Amily came into scene and Nolan went over to quietly threaten her?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails