Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Glee Season 3 Ep 1 : The Purple Piano Project





Rachel/Kurt - very well-done, though their duet was a little gratuitous.

Finn - voiceover was okay at establishing what will presumably be his theme this season. Nothing offensive, which is a big step up from last year.

Santana - okay, the plot didn't demonize her, which was my major concern when I first heard about it, but that was pretty tepid stuff. I'm not even clear how she arranged that, particularly Quinn's participation.

Will/Emma - confirms that the show wasted a season and a half by not just letting them move forward with their relationship. I liked their scenes this episode.

Sue - still doing her tired villain schtick, but less stupid than last year.

Quinn - uuuhhhhh... I liked the unexpected scene with Santana and Brittany; maybe the writers actually are going to keep them as friends?

Everyone else - cute in the background.

New girl Sugar - funny enough.

Musical numbers: pretty good across the board, though, as I said, Rachel and Kurt's number was just kind of there, though I can see the contrast they were going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails