Sunday, August 14, 2011

True Blood -4×8- Spellbound






Not happy with the progression of Sookie/Eric this season, which is my own fault for getting my hopes up. The fantasy scenes in the second (?) season were so much more real in this - the scene of them talking in bed was incredibly sexy and romantic, and what we're getting this season is so fantastical and smaltzy and dripping with ridiculousness. I wish they hadn't even touched the amnesia storyline, if it's going to be handled this way.

Jessica/Hoyt's break-up scene was real, and I like that. You hurt me, I'm going to hurt you right back - Hoyt is going to regret that tomorrow. I'm surprised Jessica ran straight to Jason, although she is pretty young in that respect. I'm glad that Jason disinvited her (fighting hard to stay loyal to Hoyt) - I feel some real chemistry with them and I like the drama/fight going on between them. They did get me for a second on the first break-up scene, when they switched to Jason waiting in the car.

I love how Alcide promised not to see Sookie and then the MOMENT he was able to leave, he went to Sookie. What kind of shitty werewolf can't smell his girlfriend following him? I swear, when a character becomes interested in Sookie, their IQ drops significantly.

I'm liking Bill more and more, which means he'll probably get back with Sookie and she'll ruin him like she ruins everything.

Lafayette straightening his shirt just so after he was possessed, and his perfect "Fuck this shit" when he saw the woman in the kitchen were both great. Nelsan Ellis remains terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails