Thursday, November 4, 2010

Modern Family Season 2 Ep 7 : Chirp



"He endangered my kid..." I want Jay to be my stepdad.


It's amazing that such a brilliant comedy can have moments with such heart - better than what one sees on just about any drama. That was one of my favorite scenes of the episode.

The Claire|Haley subplot was another great integration of humor and heart. I loved the confusion of Claire trying to criticize Haley's boyfriend, but telling a story that sounds totally plausible to her daughter as her own frustrations. It totally fit with Claire character. I'm glad it didn't get straightened out. It made for a much better story with Haley thinking she saved her parents rather than having Claire set her straight. The pizza delivery scene, with Claire subtly selling her sudden love of pizza and Haley harsh reaction to the delivery guy, was a nice capper to the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails