Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glee Season 2 Ep 4 : Duets



Santana and Mercedes were fantastic - I loved the performance aspect of their song, the way Santana mimed "whew!" when Mercedes hit that high note, the way they ran around the room, the way they walked dramatically forwards while singing - I've watched it too much already, and it's only been ninety minutes.


This episode was absolutely flawless. All of the songs were great, even if some of them won't translate off the screen (Mike and Tina's song was cute, but not something I'd listen to without the visuals). We had lots of funny moments. The writers were thinking when they put the plots together. Some storylines moved on (Finn [correctly] telling Kurt just why he had been angry about the advances - because no means no), and others were created (Quinn and Sam getting together). And Kurt's dad was even in the episode!

I shouldn't expect to get this good of an episode every week, but I've had some serious concerns about the show with the first three episodes this season. This episode reassured me that the show I fell in love with last year is still here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails