Monday, October 25, 2010

Dexter Season 5 Ep 5 : First Blood



I'm actually kind of offended by the Lumen storyline. I'm not a rape survivor, but if I were I would probably be even more offended. Dexter is basically taking this extremely traumatized kidnapping and rape victim and denying her what she really needs: the ability to talk about her experience with anyone. Therapists, family, THE POLICE, etc. By killing Boyd but leaving Lumen alive, he's controlling, basically, how she recovers from her horrendous ordeal. The whole thing just kind of creeps me out, and I really want to see where they are going with it.

That being said, Julia Stiles is doing a great job portraying how completely cracked poor Lumen is. I thought the pat-down was unrealistic (they don't last that long and they aren't that invasive--I constantly get selected for random pat downs at the airport and they really barely touch you) but her reactions were played so well that I almost had a knot in my stomach watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails